First test post
April 11, 2005
I like these a lot. Here are comments, questions etc going from the general to the specific.
1. I like the typography of both samples and have mixed feelings about which one I like more. The sans serif seems to fit better with the "rough type" theme (in that it looks more aggressive) and it has the advantage of being more compressed (I plan to write some fairly long posts). On the other hand, the serif feels more inviting and readable to me. If the default size of the serif was slightly smaller, would that work?
2. The vertical line on the right takes a left turn at the bottom (under the adsense box), which doesn't look good (obviously). It does this in both Explorer and Safari. Is that just something you need to fix, or is it an issue? More generally, there may be an overabundance of white space here (particularly when seen on a big monitor). Have you thought about defining the active area (or whatever it's called) with color instead of lines, as here eg: http://www.stevenberlinjohnson.com/
3. Would it screw up the logo, designwise, if ROUGH TYPE read as two words instead of one? (In text I'll refer to it as Rough Type not Roughtype or - God forbid - RoughType, but for the logo use whatever works best.)
4. I think I like the date stamp coming after the post title (as in version 2) rather than above (3) in order to emphasize each post as a separate entity rather than each day as a new occasion for musings.
5. I assume you'll add Comments, Permalink, Trackback after each post.
Test post so I can see what the comments look like.
Posted by: Tim Swan at April 11, 2005 09:08 PM
I've been thinking about you a lot lately Mr. Carr.
Posted by: Christian Vye at April 13, 2005 12:20 PM